Opportunity awaits for everyone, the land of Oz has a low unemployment rate compared to other countries due to it’s solid economic growth which certainly earns the label as one of the lands of rising opportunities. Knowing that the country is performing well has also attracted many immigrants who want a better and more promising career and life, work and study has been the main practice of young career aspirants. It’s world class universities that accommodates schedule flexibility draws many asian countries to come and work there. After a period of work and study the next goal should be applying for citizenship, though the immigration policies have been raised recently, it was only enforced to make sure immigrants are following the correct policies since the demand for skilled workers are still increasing. [Read more...]
When applying for any job always put your best foot forward which also means being fully prepared and ready with your resume and skills. Finding jobs in Australia are much more convenient compared to other countries due to the fact that their economy is on a steady rise which has been the case for the recent years. For job seekers looking to get an opportunity at Australia mining jobs in the local area, they are in for good news since people from all backgrounds and professions can find a position suited to them. Most mining job positions are more suited to professional who can handle hard physical labor as a part of their daily job routine. [Read more...]
Australia really is the land of opportunity and, every year, thousands of people flock over here for work. Many are turned away at the border because either they don’t have the right paperwork or they simply don’t meet the tough requirements for entry into Oz. Some people can get in on a Working Holiday Visa.
How to get a Working Holiday Visa
To get one of these you must satisfy certain requirements:
- Be aged between 18 and 30
- Have a passport that is valid for at least 12 months from when you enter the country
- Show that you have sufficient funds to support yourself for at least the first few months – the normal figure is around AU$5000 or the equivalent and you must have a certified bank statement with you when you arrive in Australia
- Have either a ticket to leave Australia at the end of the 12 months or prove that you can afford to buy one – you’ll need an extra AU$1000 for this
- Declare that your health is good and that you are fit to work
- Prove your character – minor criminal offences may be acceptable but be prepared to go through a few more hoops to get your visa
If you are in good health and have no history of chronic disease, you probably won’t need to undergo a medical test. However, if you have been to certain countries before entering Australia or are planning to take a job in a school or medical facility you will need to.
It’s also a good idea to take out overseas visitor cover – see here for more details – just to ensure your medical requirements are taken care of.
In the Land of OZ
Once you successfully have your Working Holiday Visa, you will have a period of 12 months in which to start your holiday. As soon as you enter the country, the clock starts ticking and you have a further 12 months before you must leave. You can come and go as often as you want but it all counts as your 12 month stay.
There are no restrictions on the type of work you can do, only that you cannot work for the same employer for more than 6 months.
In certain parts of Australia, property is cheap but, if you get me, it comes at a price. Most of the cheaper properties need work to make them habitable or fit for selling on and that’s what a lot of people are doing here – buying cheap properties, renovating and turning them over for a quick profit. It’s big business, there’s no two ways about t and a good living can be made.
If you are looking to turn renovating and reselling into your dream job but don’t really know where to start, have a look at these tips to doing the job right for the maximum profit:
- Before you buy, decide whether the property needs a structural or cosmetic renovation – structural work is for those who have top dollar behind them whereas anyone can do an cosmetic renovation
- Break the work down into separate smaller jobs – it will be easier to price up and easier to do the work
- As a minimum, you need to double your money – $2 back for every dollar you spend on renovations – think about this when you start and don’t forget to give your property curb appeal. Rendering and painting outside will bring in approximately $10 for every dollar spent so if your budget is limited, concentrate on that sort of thing
- Small jobs can make a big difference – simple cleaning and painting jobs can lift a property immensely.
- Don’t do jobs that really don’t need doing. If you are going to pull of skirting bards and doorframes, only to replace them with exactly the same, it’s better to just paint the old ones – unless they are rotten of course.
- Save money when buying tools and materials – if you are going in to a store dress like a builder – wearing your best clothes will just result in top dollar being charge. Alternatively, you can save quite a bit of cash by buying online. Gotstock.com.au offer great discounts on industrial supplies.
- Use your computer or your tablet to design your house – there are plenty of free apps that can help you decide on paint colors, measurements, materials and ideas for interior design.
There is money to be made in the renovation and resell trade; you just have to know how to do it. I’ve done it with two houses and both times, I used Gotstock.com.au for my building supplies and saved a ton of cash.
If you currently have no job or you have just finished your degree, you might want to take a look at the possibility of being a volunteer. This might not necessarily fit in your plan of having a high-paying career, but you can get more in life when you become a volunteer. This is true especially if you work for UNICEF in Australia.
This international organization carries out a lot of activities and they need people to help them out. Yes, being a volunteer means doing everything for free, but it does not mean you won’t get anything in return.
Your Help is Needed
To begin with, you have to understand that UNICEF provides help to thousands of children around the world. In Australia alone, they have tons of beneficiaries especially those who are a part of the aboriginal tribes or those who have been displaced from other countries and are seeking for asylum in Australia.
There are different projects carried out all over Australia. There are projects that will benefit those who lack basic needs such as food and shelter. Other programs include the development of children-friendly cities. There are also youth ambassadors to help carry out projects for children as well as projects on getting reports on child abuse and violence. All these projects need your help. You might help in organizing a local event or help distribute goods and services. You can also volunteer to receive calls for child abuse related cases. Wherever your special skill is, it is where you can pour out your services to.
The Satisfaction in Helping Others
The idea of helping others and giving something without expecting anything in return can be very satisfying. You will surely use what you have learned in this experience not just to be better at your job, but to be a better person. You will learn values that you will never learn somewhere else. To top it all, you can change the lives of hundreds of children who may only survive if they are given help.
If you wish to be a part of this project, you can volunteer in Australia here and learn more about the project.
I recently travelled from Australia to England for business purposes, and it was such a hassle, to say the least. I had to take care of legal papers, finances, and security issues prior to leaving. My flight was two hours delayed; the waiting time was made more horrible because of my stubborn headache. To top it all off, my luggage arrived 3 hours late.
We can’t avoid business travels now and then, so deriving from my experience, here are some tips to keep in mind if you’re travelling:
1. Pack the essentials. This is obvious but most of us, including me, forget this. Our definitions of ‘essentials’ vary greatly, but for the average guy it includes passport, valid ID, enough cash, credit cards, clothes, toiletries, and medicine. It was the last part that I forgot. I forgot to carry meds for drowsiness and nausea, so I ended up feeling quite terrible during the trip. If you’re on medication, you’ll be pretty jammed if you forget them. Make sure you pack sufficient amounts and keep them in a secure area.
2. Secure your house. If you live alone, the fear of theft and arson is particularly paralyzing. If you have a trusted friend, tell him/her to keep a look out for your house while you’re gone. You might also want to park your car in a safe garage somewhere. Bolt the doors, seal the windows, and install CCTV cameras. If you’re really into it, you can hire private bodyguards to do the job.
3. Get travel insurance. This was my life saver. I mentioned earlier that my luggage arrived three hours late. I thought it was forever gone. Luckily, I got myself a competitive travel insurance plan (and even inquired about personal loans) that helped me locate the lost luggage. Turns out it was misplaced somewhere along the trip. I had the insurance company take care of getting it and delivering it to the hotel where I was staying at. Travel insurance will also come handy in cases of emergencies like health failures and freak accidents.
4. Keep important stuff with you at all times. Bring cash, passport, visa, cards, ID, medications, and other important things with you just in case your luggage goes missing. If I hadn’t secured my wallet with me, I would have had to walk to my hotel.
But the most important tip is to always have presence of mind. Stay aware of your surroundings and keep updated of travel warnings.
There are few fields which are in constant flux. The fashion and arts industry, is a dynamic field because they cater to society’s whims and it’s part of the job to create trends, and introduce novelty. IT services, on the other hand, is a field with a fast-pace of development trying to create stability for conservative corporate institutions. The rest of the information industry is going in directions and at such a fast pace that service management looks like it is standing still.
The roles in IT service management has changed a lot in recent years. In fact, the term did not exist ten years ago. The introduction of cloud computing has changed the landscape of service management. Because of the need to roll out boilerplate solutions, and to standardize everything in the enterprise, software as a service (SaaS) has become a big thing in the corporate world. For one, it means a faster rollout of services, at less cost, and with less support and maintenance concerns.
It seems that there is a centralization of service, when in fact, it is also an answer to the need to deploy for different devices, platforms, and operating systems. SaaS is operating system and platform agnostic. The aim is to deliver the same service across the board, no matter if the device is a tablet, a smartphone, a laptop or a desktop. Part of the mandate is to ensure that as long as a device is connected, then the data is accessible, and the people who matter can work on it, wherever they may be.
This does not mean that a spreadsheet is being accessed on a smartphone by someone working by the beach somewhere. It only means that there should be the ability to enter data by a small handheld device scanning a barcode or QR code somewhere. This date, could be number-crunched across several servers as part of a big data enterprise project, and the output can be shown in a presentation using a laptop and a boardroom’s big screen.
The role of IT service management is not limited to that of providing the service, or having the capability to deploy the hardware. It is also about supporting management in finding ways to understand the data, message and present data in a clear and concise manner.
Australia’s inhabitants have long been known for being adventurous and for their fondness for traveling. According the country’s statistics office, the Australian Bureau of Statistics, the number of Australians heading to international destinations has been on the rise in recent years. This is mainly due to the robust economy and a strong currency, and very competitive airline fares. Moreover, globalization has made travel easier for most.
For adventurous travelers like me, going on an African safari is a dream vacation. An Australian is no stranger to adventure and wildlife, since the continent itself is home to many indigenous species of animals. However, a safari in Africa provides a different type of adventure, one that is steeped in tradition and history. Unknown to most travelers, safaris were initiated by thirteenth century traders who went hunting for wild animals on the African plains. These days, however, people go on safari to witness spectacular wildlife. Thousands of migrating animals like zebras and wildebeests, lions chasing and feeding on their prey, flocks of birds inflight; and sightings of elephants, leopards and rhinoceroses – these are scenes like no other.
Looking at wildlife in their natural habitat may seem dangerous and parents have been hesitant in bringing children along on an African safari. However, family safaris are a growing trend these days. Aside from people getting more adventurous in their travel choices, the popularity of Walt Disney films like “The Lion King” and “Madagascar” have whetted the younger generation’s desire to see wild animals in their habitat and not just in zoos.
Because of the increasing popularity of family safaris, there are several customized African trips being offered today, tailored to the needs of children. These safaris are different from the adult-only types because they provide more comfortable lodgings, shorter excursions and include child-friendly activities in the travel itineraries. If you would like to go on a special family safari, you can check out this site for Africa Tours. A safari will surely be an enjoyable way for you and your children to learn more about nature and wildlife.
If you have not been on an African safari, be sure to include it in your bucket list. Going on one will be an experience you will remember for a lifetime. Being up close and personal with wildlife that you normally see only in films will change the way you look at nature and will enhance your respect for the environment.
Before any construction project can begin you need to enlist the services of professional Surveyors. It may not be the most famous of professions but the more you find out about it the more there is to like about this fascinating industry.
If you are looking for a career as a surveyor you probably already know what they do, but if you don’t know anything about what surveyors do, then I’ll attempt to provide you with enough information for you to make an informative decision about whether the field of surveying is something that you might like to pursue.
Surveyors doing a lot of measuring. They measure land mostly for the purpose of marking out land boundaries, this helps with title deeds, they also work with mapping services for planning and positioning.
One of the primary responsibilities of a surveyor is that of measuring and marking out land boundaries. Land boundaries are extremely important for any property deeds or legal documents. Also land boundaries are used extensively for the purpose of preparing construction sites. Any type of construction site needs to include land subdivisions, marking out the new roadways, positioning of buildings and car parks. Typically this work is performed by a Land Surveyor.
Without land surveyors there would be no building or property development. As a land surveyor you often get to work with many other professional people such as civil engineers, architects, town planners, and builders, just to name a few. As a surveyor you also get to work with some of the latest technology such as Global Positioning Satellite equipment, 3 D scanning equipment as well as all the electronic equipment that you need to run these gadgets.
Other tools that surveyors use is the equipment that is needed to interpret all the data and information that has been gathered. It needs to be collated and compiled in such a way as to be able to present to the clients. Laptops, computers, printers and software is used to take all the data that is collected in the field and to compile all that into nicely presented reports, graphs and maps.
Looking For a Career as a Surveyor
The best way to get started in career as a surveyor is to attend university or college and get a degree in either civil engineering, land surveying or even hydro-graphic surveying. You will need to have a well-developed knowledge of mathematics, particularly in the areas of algebra, geometry, and trigonometry as these are the most commonly used equations for surveying.
As mentioned earlier on there is a heavy reliance on technology so being able to work with computers and understand the workings of the industry software and applications is vital. Gaining practical knowledge and experience whilst studying for your degree will definitely work to your advantage. As with any competitive job market the more skills and knowledge you can gain during your studies will work in your favour, as the surveying industry is a well sought after occupation.
For more information visit the following industry website: http://www.surveyors.org.au/
On this blog we are always talking about ways for people to save money. In today’s blog post we are going to talk about one of the easiest things you can do to save $100 or more every month. We are going to talk about refinancing your mortgage and how much you can potentially save.
I was a little hesitant when I refinanced my loan. That was until a loan officer explained it like this, “you’re going to be saving $157 every month. That could pay your phone bill or your power payment.” In other words the monthly savings would be like completely reducing one of my bills.
Not everyone is going to save enough money with by doing a refinance. It’s smart to use a calculator and find out exactly how much you can save by doing a refinance. It doesn’t matter if you have a conventional loan or an FHA loan, using a quick Refinance Calculator will tell you how much can be saved.
You should also take into account how long you are going to be in your home. Usually with a refinance a mortgage lender is going to charge you a fee, add money to the back of your loan, or extend your term. Most people do not stay in the same house for more than 9 years. If you have plans to change houses in the next 30 years, then it can definitely be advantageous to refinance. If you plan on staying in your current home for the rest of your life, then you want to make sure it’s worth it.
It’s not always going to be worth it. I had a friend who was looking into refinancing his FHA loan and his monthly savings only came out to be $15 per month. Now over the life of his loan he would have saved some money, as $15 a month can really add up quick in a couple of years. The problem is these savings are less than he would pay to refinance the loan. In his case it simply did not make sense to refinance to loan. Luckily he had a loan officer that was honest about it and told him it didn’t make sense. You have to be careful when dealing with mortgage lenders as they are not all honest. They make money from financing your loan.
I did the numbers using the calculator mentioned above and with my FHA loan I would save about $157 doing a refinance. I went through a company call Village Capital, they claim to specialize in the Refinance process. If you want to see how much you could save I would recommend contacting a loan professional as they can usually do all the math and number for you.
People have a lot of career opportunities in Australia. The truth is that compared to other job markets, Australia’s is actually pretty good. While most other countries have the problem of not being able to provide enough jobs to its citizens, Australia actually doesn’t fail in such a regard. There are many careers people can easily take in the country, and in this post, I am going to concentrate on one of them: binary options trading. Through binary options trading, anyone can easily have a rewarding long-term career.
How does binary options trading work exactly, and how does one get into it? To get into binary options trading, people just have to create an account at Banc de Binary or some other legitimate brokerage. It’ that easy. People don’t have to undergo interviews or other processes in order to start placing a binary option trade on a valuable underlying asset. The moment one creates an account on the website of a legitimate brokerage, one can immediately buy options and then place trades on them.
Of course, and this is very important, people have to make sure that they are actually working with a legitimate brokerage. This is very important because working with a brokerage that isn’t regulated can actually lead to one losing all their hard-earned money after some time. Unregulated brokerages can defraud their clients at any time, and here in Australia, so many people have actually fallen prey to their schemes.
The good news is that there are actually a lot of binary options brokerages out there; for this post, however, we only recommend that people deal with binary options with Banc de Binary. Why Banc de Binary? Unlike other brokerages, even the legitimate ones, Banc de Binary actually strives to offer the best binary options trading services. The moment people create an account at Banc de Binary, they immediately gain access to so many amazing resources that they can take advantage of in order to improve their chances of attaining financial success. One of these resources happens to be binary options trading signals. These binary options trading signals are pieces of information on binary options trading that are sent to the brokerage’s clients. Such pieces of information tell people what trades they would do well to place and what they can expect to get should they do so. They may not be accurate all the time, but through their help, people can make amazing trades more often than not.
It goes without saying that binary options trading isn’t the only kind of work that people can do here in Australia. Tomorrow, we are going to talk about another line of work that people in the country would do well to consider taking: plumbing. Plumbing might not seem as fancy as many other jobs, but you would be surprised at how much money plumbers in Australia make in a year. So long as one undergoes the necessary training and actually works hard, one can find success as a plumber here in the country.
When I decided to move house obviously I wanted the best deal I could get. I actually found it cheaper to buy a rundown property and have it done up to my taste. The most important thing was the roof and I wanted the siding replaced as well, just to give it a fresh new look.
The outside of the house is what people first see and so it’s important to get it right. When it came to hiring the contractors for the work, I learned a lot! I learned how to find the right people and how to get what I wanted for the price I wanted to pay. I thought I would share some of that knowledge with you so you don’t go making expensive mistakes.
How to Hire a Roofing Contractor
- Make sure the contractor has all the right licenses for your area
- Ask to see their tax ID number and business details – address, email, website, etc., to make sure they are legitimate
- Ask for proof of insurance – make sure that workers compensation and liability is included
- Ask for references and previous clients so that you can check that the work is done satisfactorily before you hire
- Ask to see proof that the roofing manufacturer has approved them for installation of the roof you choose
- Find out how many people will be working on site and how they will be supervised
- Get a contract, in writing, that details explicitly the entire job including estimated time and materials to be used. Make sure the contract includes safety procedures and clean up after the job.
I found some really useful information on the internet, including a down to earth website on roofing companies.
Get on the Right Side
The siding on your house is important and if it isn’t done right, it will look ugly and it will not serve the correct purpose.
- Make sure you have the right permits from your local authority
- Choose the right material. Check the local laws because they may specify what you can use. The siding must look natural and it must be able to withstand the weather.
- Choose an experienced siding contractor, one with a proven track record. He or she will be able to tell you what you can and can’t use and how to maintain the siding that is eventually installed. Some important information on siding contractors is available on this helpful website.
- Find out exactly what the job entails – how long, how much, what is required
- Get several estimates. A reputable contractor will give you a very detailed estimate and will include a complete breakdown of the costs and time involved
- Check for insurance and warranties. If none is offered, choose another contractor who does offer them. All reputable contractors will provide you with some kind of warranty and they will have the proper insurances that cover, not just the building work but all of the workers on site as well. Ask to see the insurance cover documents.
- Before you sign anything, check everything. Make sure you understand the terms and conditions, if not, ask for clarification. Make sure the contract details everything – the materials, time, cost, amount of contractors involved, etc. Keep a signed copy of that contract – not just while the work is ongoing but for several years afterwards as well.
With any luck, these tips will ensure that you get just as good a job done on your house as I did on mine.